Saturday, September 6, 2008

I learned a new word today

An "Intensivist" is the doctor that wanders the ICU taking care of any weirdness that pops up during the day. I had heard it a couple of times and thought they were talking about the character of the doctor who was there (because both of them are pretty intense). So the gentlemen formerly referred to as the "floor docs" will now be known by their actual specialty name, Intensivists.

I reserve the right to be random from time to time.

1 comment:

Marsha Marsha Marsha said...

I've heard of a "hospitalist" before, but I don't think I knew there were intensivists. Thanks for keeping us informed...about Pete and new hospital titles. I'm all for randomness.