Monday, September 22, 2008

Going Back to Methodist :(

I went to visit Pete today at lunchtime as I have been doing, and when I got there, I was told he had a little bit of a fever (just over 100) and was not feeling right. The nurse told me he had vomited once this morning and complained that he had an oogy tum tum. They were taking blood and urine to see how that was.

I just got a call from the doctor at TIRR to tell me she needed to send him back to Methodist for acute care. She ordered an ultrasound of his belly and it looks like he has gallbladder disease. His white blood count was like 12,000 or something insane like that, so he obviously has infection too. This combined is not a good thing, so he's headed back to the source for surgery.

I'm feeling a wee bit weary and numb, but I did finish cooking dinner and ate. Now I'll just wait for my sister to come over and keep an eye on Anna for me so I can head out to Methodist again. Not sure when they'll do surgery, but please pray for him, again and still.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh dear! I am sure it feels like 2 steps forward, one step back. He continues to be in my prayers

Rozzie said...

Pete is a fighter, and he'll take this challenge head on! Keep up your spirits! He'll be back in TIRR soon enough :)

Navasha said...

Dangit! Thoughts to you guys.

The Nicks Family said...

Oh man! I am so sorry Kristy! ITA with Rozzie he is fighter and will be out of there soon. I pray for him daily as well as you and Anna. *HUGS*

Kitty said...

How disappointing that he's had a setback, but at least he's getting the care he needs. Prayers that he comes back to TIRR stronger and that much readier to get healthy.

Wheels and Lollipops said...

I'm sorry to hear about the setback but sounds as though he is in excellent care.

Keeping you all in my prayers for a speedy recover and back again to TIRR.

Hugs to you all !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Big hugs Kristy! Pete is a fighter, Rozzie's got that, he's in our prayers!

Much love!